Tuesday 26 April 2016

First attempt at full model texture

There are noticeable mistakes with the textures on this model at this stage. I will have to go back and look for where the problem lies within the maps and fix them within photoshop.



I'm not particularly happy with the colour of my model at this stage either, now looking back at it I think that it needs to be a lot darker, the sandy colour needs to be a lot more brown and the reds need to be a lot more of a burgundy colour, but I can also go back and change this. I do however like the scratched paint effect, it may be something that I play around with a bit more, perhaps making it appear that the red paint is flaking off more and you can see the sand colour underneath



Above are a few screenshots of some key errors that I found within my models textures, for some reason after applying textures to my colour Id maps, I was left with these strange gaps within my texture sheets where no texture was being applied. The only fix I found for this was too layer over the albedo within photoshop to block out the grey parts where the models base texture was coming through. You can see how I have attempted this with the middle screen shots on the leg armor, I've not done a very good job here however so I think next time I come back to this process I will be have to take more care with how I fill in these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment