Monday 2 November 2015

Winter Submission: Triple A asset production (Finished model)





Above are screenshots of my finished version of my high poly model for the triple A asset project for the winter submission. The finished model came too 117561 Tris, making it the most detailed model that i have worked on since learning to use maya. comparing this to the in game laser rifle, its clear that i have made some changes to the original, but that's to be expected as the original fallout 3 laser rifle model was from a game made in 2008 which had to run on the previous generation of consoles. 

(Screen shots of original in game model from Fallout 3)

There was definitely some parts of this model that I really had get my head down and persevere through as parts like the front of the gun and the holder for the microfusion cell where very intricate and complicated to model, especially since I hadn't modeled anything on this level of detail before now. What was certainly very good for me through the process of modeling this laser rifle, was that I had to learn a lot of new tools in order to complete certain areas, and more so just to make my life a lot easier. For instance, I had never used the Multi Cut Tool before modeling this rifle, I first had to use it on the front of the gun, where the sort of spines come in from the outside rim into the center where the laser projectile is meant to be fired from. Learning how to use this tool early on through the process of making this model made my life a lot easier down the line as it helped me through making, almost all of the other parts of the model after the main barrel. 




(Highlighted poly's on final model) 


No comments:

Post a Comment