Thursday 21 January 2016

final reference piece for broadside model-


Admittedly, im quite out of practice with using my graphics tablet to draw using photoshop these days, after taking such an interest in the 3D modeling side of game design, so starting off this work flow was quite difficult to get going, despite how basic the images are, fortunately it seemed my muscle memory kicked in and i managed to get a pretty accurate reference image to work from.

Despite this being one image what ill now be doing is splitting the image into several pieces so that i can place them onto planes within maya so that i can begin making a start on creating my model. This will certainly not be my final pose that I will be putting my model in however, what i plan to do is model it in the this stance to begin with and then perhaps rig it or something like that to give me the ability to pose the model in any way that I please.
There will be a lot more detail on the model that i plan on adding in while i'm modeling, the reason i didnt include it in the model reference sheet was because i used my figure that i created and and the reference images i pieced together to put this work together, and on those pieces, the model is quite basic as it a simple minutre figurine, so I plan to add a lot more detail on the pieces that have flat boring plains like the sides of the jet pack like part of the model for example.
Also, the face will certainly not look quite as boring in the model as it does here, I will attempt to replicate the Tau head that I featured in my mood bored reference sheet that i posted in one of my previous blog posts for the head on this model.

No comments:

Post a Comment