Thursday 18 February 2016

Head modeling

As my model is only going to have one part of it that is going to be organic, I decided to begin creating my head model early on into the project. 
As I already had a basic head model that I had created to practice the topology of a face, I took that into maya and expanded on it, I extruded out around the bottom of the head to make the shape of the leather armor the tau has wrapped around his head and I then created the shape of the communication device that he has on his ear.
With this basic shape ready it was time to take it into zbrush and begin making the detail that it needed. 



Im fairly happy with the final outcome of the head that I created in zbrush. At this point, I had not created anything organic within zbrush, so this was  new area for me, and as it was only loosely based to resemble a human face I had the ability to be a bit more free with my design. I think I got the resemblance to a Tau's head pretty good though, I wanted to give him a bit of character too so I added a few scars going down his eye.


Heres is a screen shot of a quick test I did within quixel. I had baked my high poly zbrush model onto my low poly model to see how it would turn out so that I could edit it somewhere down the line if I needed too. From this outcome, I can see that I will indeed have to make some alterations, only to the low poly model though. As what I mistakenly did was not edit the high poly model after the zbrush process, hence why the face is quite flat. What I will need to do is bring the zbrush model into maya with my lowpoly model and make the high poly model a live surface, so that I can shape my lowpoly face around it a lot more to get a better sense of the shape. 




No comments:

Post a Comment