Thursday 10 December 2015

importing model into unreal 4


Above is a screen shot of both my high and low poly model after being imported into unreal engine 4. with all materials applied. To begin this process of importing I first exported both upper and lower part of the model as FBX files. From there I was able to import these two models into the assets folder within unreal4. What i noticed immediately within unreal was how the models would snap together if I moved one or the other, so this made connecting the two models a very easy process. 


I have shown the process of connecting the nodes that where required in order to create the right materials above. I firstly only used one lambert material during this process but I soon found that the two models required their own lambert material in order for them to display correctly. After re-exporting the bottom model with a new lambert I worked on importing the maps that i needed into the node editor and linking them up to the appropriate nodes.


I've now began working on creating my scene within unreal4 ready to display my laser rifle in an aesthetically pleasing way. I really want to try and recreate the post apocalyptic feel that you get within the fallout games with this scene, so there will be a lot of rust, a lot of rock and hopefully some chard skeletons?

No comments:

Post a Comment