Thursday 10 December 2015

Final model show case in unreal 4




These screen shots above are my final renders of my laser rifle within my Unreal4 scene.
I tried adding as much clutter in the scene as possible in order to make it feel like the rifle has just been dropped there within a post apocalyptic world and is just gathering rust, dust and wear and tear.
If I had the ability to do so, I would of been really interested in modding my rifle into fallout 4 and using that to show case my model, a little bit over ambitious I'll admit, but it would of been a really effective way of displaying it. Especially as fallout 4 has a building system within it that would allow me to pose my laser rifle.

I am very pleased with my final outcome of my model however, I think I have really captured the over all post apocalypse feel with the weapon after putting it through quixel and applying the materials to it, it really started to take its shape. Now with those materials applied to my low poly within an unreal scene, its really brought out its true form. I would say however that im slightly disapointed with how the metal has come out on the rifle, comparing it to the screen shots I took from the quixel renders it seems a lot more darker than that one, but im certain thats due to my lighting settings within the engine so I completely accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment